7.26.2009

love of my life...

I had a funny thought sometime after Burke was born... I realized that someday (not too far off if the rapid pace with which life seems to be passing continues) Burke will fall in love and marry someone and leave us. Just like I grew up and left my parents. And if we have any other kids, they'll just be ours to care for for a season as well.

But with me and Adam, that won't ever be the case. He is it for me, my forever someone. It's an immensely comforting thought to me, actually. I think it's the thing that lets me be my real self with him, that allows us the safety to try things that we might fail at, the thing that frees us up to plan our life together with grander goals than either of us would pursue alone...

Today is our seventh anniversary... I didn't know it would go this fast, or that it'd be this great, but I am so so so thankful that I married this man seven years ago!

And I can't post today without wishing Jordi a happy birthday! I'll have to put an entire post together later, but in the meantime, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE SISTER!

3 comments:

pjmj said...

you and adam are a delightful couple, and we love y'all. we pray that god's blessings will continue to flow on your beautiful family in the years to come. congratulations!

mom/carla said...

i talked to you twice today and forgot to wish you "happy anniversary" each time. have fun at dinner tonight!

we love you and Adam and love watching you both grow closer and closer each year!

Evette said...

Happy Anniversary! We love you both so much and are so glad God brought you together. We loved you even before he did!