7.12.2010

cocktails & mocktails 2.0

As Adam and I were washing wine glasses and martini glasses and margarita glasses on Saturday night, we made a decision- THIS is our party.  We love Cocktails and Mocktails, y'all.  We love watching people go. to. town. in their drink prep and presentation (the Kims had a whole marshmallow roasting station set up to accompany their S'more Martini, and the Anglins had fried pickles and bacon scewers set out with their Spiked Sweet Tea... and those were just a couple of the fabulous set-ups), we love the laid back vibe, we love a whole night of just grown ups, we love all the yummy concoctions (as an added bonus, since everyone brings an appetizer or dessert to share, we end up with all sorts of delicious food to accompany the drinks!), we love having a party that we throw every year (the prep this year was alarmingly easy as well, which helps!), we just love it.
Ben and Heidi won (again!) with their  "Javier Bardem" (horchata) entry.  I'd be happier for them if they didn't beat out our Mango Peach Sangria by a mere 2.5 points.  But, I have to say, their drink was darn good (at least the mocktail version that I tried). I wish I'd taken more pics, but I was busy chatting with friends and sampling mocktails, so these'll have to do for now... Can't wait for next year!

5 comments:

Kimiko said...

Kirst, it is TOTALLY your party! You do such a great job & it is just so, so, so fun. Fun enough to text your babysitter & ask her to stay an extra hour. ;) By the way, I brought my camera & talked too much & didn't take any pictures. I'm sorry!

The Reeds said...

That looks super fun!

Heidi K said...

what a great party... we love this party, too (even if we didn't win again, we would still love this party!) I'm not quite sure what it means about us that we won 2 years in a row... a good or bad thing? thanks for a great party

Evette said...

I am so sorry that I was not able to come. Looks like it was a great party and I look forward to next year. Y'all do a fantastic job with parties-always creative and fun. Miss you all.

pjmj said...

i'm so sad we couldn't be there, and we had a FABULOUS mocktail recipe. so...just wait for next year!