12.08.2010

ten on tuesdays? or something?

Hey friends. Jordi just posted about how she's going to do lists on Tuesdays as a way to play catch up (and be more consistent) with her blog. I don't know if I can commit to every Tuesday, or to having a list of 10 things (I might change my goal to two or three on tuesdays- haha!), but I'm going to try. :) I definitely beat Jord in the Terrible Blogger contest. But you already know that if you're reading this. :)

Today's list (I realized it's Wednesday... just so you know):

1. I know I said awhile back I feel like we're emerging from the newborn fog a little. And that's true. But our life still feels absolutely chaotically crazy. Hence the lack of blog posts. Sorry. The eight parties/showers I've helped with over the last month is part of the craziness... as are Adam's final exams... and actually, the rest of this list is a picture of the chaos as well. :)
2. I went up to Idaho to meet my nephew Easton last month. SO COOL. He's such a mellow baby. And I think one of the coolest things in life is to watch people transition into a new season. Seeing my baby sis and her hubs as parents was amazing. Easton is a lucky little guy. I also got to stay at my brother and sister-in-law's house while I was there and am so thankful that I got to spend some time with them.
3. Piper Jane is really coming into her own. That's fun to watch. She is definitely not as low-key as Burke was, but her little full-body smile lights up the room. She's even slept through the night a couple times this week (YAY! YAY! YAY!).
our project for the SYTYC finale- an Anthropologie inspired quilt
4. Did I tell y'all about So You Think You're Crafty? It's a craft blog competition, sort of like Survivor, that Jordi and I have been a part of for the last couple of months. This week is finale (we made it to the end! hooray!). If you have a few minutes, you should go check it out. Crafting for SYTYC has taken a ton of time these last couple months, and I'd be lying if I said that I'm not ready for it to be done. But it was fun and we made some great friends as well.

5. We went to Dallas for Thanksgiving. I didn't take nearly enough pictures. It was so fantastic to have some time to hang out with Aaron, Leslie, Hannah and the Dallas crew. SO fantastic.
6. On that note, Little Miss Hannah (our niece) is stinkin' adorable. Those cheeks... I just can't get enough of them. I love it that Piper Jane is so close in age to Hannah- what fun.

me  and jord at baby evie's shower/bbq
7. Burke, Piper and I took a little detour to Lubbock on the way home from Dallas to hang out with the Remke's. I wish I could describe Burke's love for his cousins (Hannah and Easton included, even though they aren't in Lubbock). I love watching that.
8. Burke asks for 'more snuggles please' whenever I put him down for his nap. I love that kid.
9. I have been crafting like a banshee. I should've taken a picture of the stack of 24 (yep, twenty four) packages of stationary that I printed out the other night. Goodness. And my sewing machine has been earning its keep as well (partly because of the quilt I made for the finale of So You Think You're Crafty, partly because of the Christmas gifts I need to start finish up).
10. If I could describe myself in a word right now, it'd be 'frazzled.' I am absolutely at the opposite end of the Having It All Together spectrum. In fact, currently, I'd take it to have one thing together. Tell me I'm not the only one having trouble adjusting to adding another baby to the mix?

2 comments:

Kimiko said...

Just HAD to respond. Do you remember how entirely frazzled & overwhelmed I was getting used to two kids? I guess the sad thing is you didn't know me before two, so you don't know what a calm, easy-going person I used to be! Well, I'm starting to discover that girl again, and what a relief. Also, you fully succeed in NOT coming across as frazzled, not even when I run into you in the Target parking lot!

Tricia said...

Kirst, I love that I can expect/hope really hard, for a blog from you each week! I miss them:).

Also, that quilt is GORGEOUS!! love it! You did such an amazing job! Cant wait to see it in person in, oh....2 weeks!