12.09.2008

delightful Christmas tree


Lita and Papa L. trekked through the mountains this year to find us the most fabulous tree we've ever had. In keeping with tradition, we decorated it as "Christmas on the Beach" (my dad's favorite decorating music) filled our house with merry reggae tunes. I love filling our tree with a mishmash of ornaments we've collected in our travels, ones from our trees growing up, and now ornaments with Burke's name on them. We told Burke the story of the each ornament we hung on the tree... though, some of the stories sounded like this, "This is an ornament that I liked at Crate and Barrel last year and bought it on sale the day after Christmas." Hooray for Christmas decorating!!!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

What a wonderful tree! I have some special ornaments on my tree as well. And- I spotted a snowman ornament that we have in common! I was able to wrap a few of your Christmas presents last night and I can't wait to see you open them. Hooray for Christmas being so close! Give Burke a hug from his "best friend."
Leslie

Tricia said...

Aw I love Christmas pictures. So glad to see your tree. AND I'm not sure how many times or different ways I can let you know just how cute Burke is... but he's adorable.

kirstin said...

girls, you're so cute! burke can't wait to see both of y'all SOON...
love
k