5.20.2009

my favorite two year old







I can't explain the excitement I felt as our Atlanta-to-Dubai flight landed. I tore through Dubai International Airport, dashed through customs (well, as much as you can dash through customs... mostly I shifted my weight between one foot and the other like you do when you really have to pee and sighed impatiently and loudly as much as possible... c'mon people... HURRY UP!), grabbed my two giant suitcases, and sprinted off to find Jord, Drew and my newborn niece! What a sight it must've been- the mixture of emotion, the tail end of 20 hours of travel, and 115 degree heat... running just as fast as I could... in heels... something to behold, really. Luckily, Drew is easy to spot in a crowd. I might've left my 300 pound duffle bag behind when I spotted him, I can't quite remember.

And then there she was! I wish I could accurately describe the moment... Keadryn was absolutely more perfect than I could've imagined... gorgeous, as teeny as could be, all wrapped in pink (despite the crazy heat), one of those actually-beautiful newborns. I was smitten! And I still am! She gets funnier by the day, has such spunk and personality and the ability to capture hearts in a glance.

I love you Baby K (though I can't believe you're two already)! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

1 comment:

jordan said...

this made me cry. i love that you love her so much! thanks for the birthday wishes. it was fun.