12.06.2009

surprise birthday party!

I know I told you that our friends went all out on this party, but let me elaborate:
-the decor was gorgeous (martha stewart pom pom flowers, a couple of banners, paper poppies... just gorgeous). Even better, I got to keep all of the stuff they made... the pom pom flowers are currently hanging above my couch. Burke loves them more than I can tell y'all- more about that later.
-the food was fantastic! they made all my favorites (using mostly recipes from the kojo blog- I love it!)
-the drinks deserve their own mention (brandy slush with pomegranates, limeade, pomegranate sparkling cider, eggnog delight, all sorts of hot tea, dark chocolate hot cocoa, coke zero... y'all know how I love drinks and they did it up right!)
-they made favors (paper poppies and bags of chocolate covered blueberries... they even tucked little kirstin quotes in the favor bags!)

-there were pomegranates EVERYWHERE. Glorious.
-the theme was 'hostess with the mostest' and I got to KEEP all of the servingware- platters and cake stands and monogrammed gems and pitchers and tablecloths...
-they had a flower folding station where people could make paper flowers that kimiko is going to fold into a garland I've been wanting... maybe one of my favorite parts of the night was looking at the flower folding station to see both ben and paul folding flowers- classic! :)

Seriously, I can't tell y'all how loved and cared for I felt... if you have anyone in your life that loves to throw parties and showers like I do, have one of these parties for them! I can't think of a better way to celebrate my birthday!

2 comments:

Tricia said...

kirst, glad it went so well! I heard they were throwing it for you and couldnt wait to see pics!!! You have awesome friends:) how cool that they'd throw you a party as cool as the ones you throw other people.

jordan said...

oh-my-goodness. you said it was awesome, but I love it more than I can say...so much fun! I am happy that you have "kevin and mistys" in denver. :)