12.01.2009

what am I thinking?



Remember when we camped out at Chickfila in April? We got a bunch of free Chickfila, met some new friends, and (this will be crucial in a minute) the weather was gorgeous, seriously gorgeous. Note the t-shirts and shorts and sunshine involved.

Tomorrow, we embark on an adventure that is a little the same and a little different than that little camp out... You see, there is a Chickfila opening down the street from our house. We've known this for awhile and been planning the grand opening as our The First 100 Round 2. However, if you check weather.com, you'll see that the high tomorrow in Denver is 22 degrees. Yes, twenty two. That's below zero in Celsius. And at night it'll be 12 degrees (another gem from weather.com? It says "feels like 7" under the 12 degrees...7!?!?!). If you know me well (or at all, actually), you know of my less-than-cordial attitude towards cold weather. I am a sunshine girl, through and through. Oh yeah, and did I mention that this little winter camping experience occurs on my birthday of all days? Seriously, could life be more ironic???

But I love my husband... and he thinks this going to be quite the adventure. And there is a decent amount of free food involved. And my mama and dad have outfitted me with Yellowknife-approved gear, which is a definite bonus in this case. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

6 comments:

Jill and Rich said...

haha! I remember Sarah and I hating weather.com's "feels like" feature at Grove City!
Hope you made it through with some free food and are having a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

seriously?

pjmj said...

i love it (but definitely don't want to join you)!!! can't wait to hear about your adventure and your very memorable birthday. happy birthday!

Sara said...

Happy Birthday!!!
I hope braving the cold payed off! It does sound like a fun adventure, though - and you went so well prepared! :)

Chrissy said...

What a way to celebrate your special day...the thing is, you will probably not forget this one soon!!! Have a great Birthday - can't wait to hear how you liked your gift from your Mom!! Love you!

Kristin said...

Girl- you are crazy to stay out in the freezing weather, but at least it will be a birthday to remember! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, love!