4.15.2010

a cowboy in his heart

Burke's friend Elijah has these light up Toy Story boots.  Burke loves those boots.  So, imagine Burke's sheer delight on Easter Sunday when Elijah gave Burke a package containing his very own pair of The Boots.  Seriously, y'all, I wish you could've seen Burke's face.

And now, Burke would wear those boots every minute of the day (and night!) if I let him.  I walked in the kitchen to find The Boots paired with his plaid shorts and polo shirt the other morning; Burke had put them on to replace my ever-conservative shoe choice (brown sandals).  And when Lita and Papa babysat the other night, Burke was wearing his boots over his pj's when we arrived to pick him up.  Best of all, when he wears them out in public, he is constantly tugging on someone's pants leg and sticking out his foot to show them his boots.  Like I said loves those boots.  He's a cowboy in his heart?

3 comments:

pjmj said...

love it - just love it! i'm not a big fan of cowboys, but if they were all like burke, well...

mom/carla said...

I also LOVE my cowboy boots! Except I don't think that I would wear mine with my pj's :)

I love the photos, especially the photo of him climbing on the fence!

Mandy said...

hey girl...have you gotten my emails about saturday? i'm worried i may have the wrong address...