3.06.2008

hugs for adam


I have seriously been an emotional basketcase this week guys... I thought you might laugh (or at least feel compelled to call adam with your condolences) at some of this stuff.


First of all, you know how I've been scouring the internet for free/cheap food deals??? Well, Safeway has some serious sales on life cereal, cheerios, flour and grapefruit this week... but the deals started WEDNESDAY and we were shopping TUESDAY (I'm new at this and wasn't aware that Safeway promotions run Wednesday to Wednesday). So anyway, we're filling our cart and none of the signs are up for these fabulous sales that I found. Adam, being the logical shopper that he is says, "Maybe we should ask about the deals... just to, you know, make sure these things are really on sale." "Of course they're on sale," I huffed and wheeled our cart right to the checkout.


I was so strong in my convictions about the deals, and so adament that the safeway checker honor the 'sales' (that weren't sales yet) that our total for 5 boxes of Life cereal, 2 bags of flour, and 2 grapefruits was $1.43. When we got home, we looked at the sales flyer and figured out that the sales hadn't even started yet. Poor Safeway checker and poor Adam! The moral of the story: I am a wreck right now (and definitely scary enough to intimidate the safeway guy into giving us free food).


So watch out for my streaks of grouchy, mean scariness. And if you have a chance, call Adam, email him, send him brownies, and pray for him. He's been a CHAMP in handling me (I think he is perhaps the only person on earth that can put up with me!) and such a trooper through my basketcase-ness.


PS- On the other end of the spectrum, if you need a grocery shopping partner and don't have ethical issues with intimidating clerks, it seems like right now might be a good time to go with me...


1 comment:

jordan said...

oh kirst- you crack me up!

poor poor kid at safeway. Way to bully him into it. The funny part is that in normal life you are not that way at all.

Maybe it is not such a good idea for me to come and "help" when the teens is being born- TWO pregnant ladies and a 15-month old in one house. We need to start thinking of ways to bless Adam already.

haha