3.10.2008

my-ganda


My favorite 2 and a half year old in the whole world is not only absolutely adorable (shown here with her new baby sister), she is also the smartest little kid I know! JP was adopted from Uganda… In her infinite, are-you-actually-only-two-and-a-half? wisdom, though, she is used to switching “you” to “me” or “my” in conversation. And so she refers to her home country in Africa as “My-ganda.”

Other fabulous recent utterances include:
“Oooh, spicy.” (when she saw a cactus)
“These are my people” (surrounded my a group of admirers at church last Sunday)
“Both of my hands are busy” (when daddy asked her to hold his hand)
“I’ll just shut the door so the whales don’t get in.”

How could not love this little girl?

2 comments:

jordan said...

I keep re-reading this post cause i love this little girl so much! She has such a spunky personality. I have friends that are in the process of adopting from Uganda and they loved this story! so cute!

kirstin said...

Isn't she a riot? "I'll just the shut the door so the whales don't get in"???? Seriously? Where does she come up with this stuff?