3.31.2008

missing my girls!




For those of you with sisters, you will appreciate the elatedness (is that a word?) that accompanies a spring break visit from your mom, both sisters, and your darling niece all at one time (we were definitely missing our soon-to-be sister-in-law, trish… it just doesn’t feel exactly right without all the girls!). The excited chatter and ongoing countdown beforehand (“now only 3 days and 7 hours till they get here”) is it’s own world; as is the inevitable week of tears and missing-family-even-more-than-usual after they head home (“but, I miss Jord/Keje/the teensy/my mama so MUCH”). Adam has learned the ins-and-outs of this sister/mom-visit world well, though I would say he’s still sort of baffled by the sheer amount of emotion expended in the before, during and after of a week of girl time.

Writing from the kind-of-miserable “after” vantage point, I can only say that I could not be more thankful that I have these girls in my life. Jordan, Kedron and my mom spent the week pampering me, offering advice about next year, debating whether the Itsy is a boy or a girl (Kiji and mom vote boy, Jord thinks girl), touching the 8-month-pregnant belly to feel the Bitsy dancing around, encouraging me and pointing me toward Jesus. It is humbling to be so well taken care of. I am already praying that the Lord blesses the Itsy with a family like this to walk alongside during this adventure called life.

1 comment:

jordan said...

aww kirst- I miss you too! It was fun seeing you!