2.15.2011

tuesday catch up

1. I got to go to Lubbock last week to meet Teeny Evie and hang out with the rest of the Remkes. I never cease to be amazed at the miraculousness of babies being born, families growing, seeing my sister in action as the best mama to her girls. I have to admit, I am a bit jealous that she has three girls- oh the sister goodness!


2. I LOVED hanging out with Keadryn and Sayla during my trip. It was so fun to have the chance to give them my undivided less-divided attention (funny how much energy Burke takes!). We had a "Cozy Picnic" with cocoa and popcorn and baked cookies and played beauty shop (you can kind of see the plethora of clips/bows in my hair in the picture above- I'd say at any given point, I was walking around with 30+ accessories adorning my hair). I adore those girls.

3.  The Little Miss got her first tooth!

4. We got kicked off Project Run and Play last week with our Vintage Vail entry. It's ok with me. :)

4. Burke calls Zaccheus (the tax collector from the New Testament) Yo-kius! I hear him sing, "Yokius was a wee little man and a wee little man was he... " and laugh every time (the pics have nothing to do with "Yokius," but I love that they show how expressive Burke is right now- hahaha!).
5. Adam washed/cleaned/vacuumed the car for an awesome Valentines Day present (no pic of the car, sorry! One of the gifts I gave Adam was a love-note-on-a-string, pictured above). I got a couple other little gifts from him, too (including a work out DVD I've been wanting and a promise to run with me on my short runs, which, if you know Adam involves GREAT sacrifice), but the clean car was my favorite. Has all of this time with Adam turned my love language to Gifts of Service?
 my heavy sweet running partners
6. Speaking of 'short runs,' I'm getting back in running shape so mama and I can do a half marathon in May. It feels simultaneously great and absolutely terrible. It feels so great to be running again, but getting in running shape is awful. Plus, pushing the stroller, Burke and Piper Jane must add at least fifty pounds of resistance. Whew!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

it was so great to "see" you when you were in lubbock! glad you had a great time! awesome job on jord's bag- can't wait to see the inside of it!

pjmj said...

Piper is getting so big! You were always great with the bows & hairclip things...an awesome babysitter years ago & a fabulous mama & auntie now.