1.23.2008

worship in "the middle"

“Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I will depart. The Lord gave and the Lord taketh away, may the name of the Lord be praised.” JOB 1:21

As Adam and I have been reading through the book of Job this January, I have been so convicted and humbled by his example of unceasing worship in the most dire of circumstances.
I keep coming back to the first chapter and the way Job responded to the news that all of his wealth, and the lives of his ten children, were all taken in ONE DAY... he ripped his robe, shaved his head, and worshipped the Lord!
I, on the other hand, am such a grumbler! I petition the Lord when I’m worn out by long days at school, complain when the flip house doesn’t sell on my schedule, look toward heaven with sadness (or anger!) when our plans for dental school don’t fall into place exactly as I’d hoped. May these verses be deeply imprinted on our hearts, and may Adam and I respond with worship in each circumstance, regardless of how close or far it falls from our hopes or expectations.

No comments: