4.03.2008

bittersweet

We took a tour of the “mom-baby” floor of the hospital a couple weeks ago. We watched a dad giving his Brand New Little a bath in the nursery… and I cried all the way home. I just kept imagining Adam in that same place in a month and a half, and thinking about what a terrific dad he’ll be, and what a proud papa moment that’ll be for him, and I was completely overwhelmed with excitement.

Those moments are becoming more frequent- the excited ones. But I’ll be honest, I am also super scared about this whole “becoming parents” stuff! I like our life… a lot. I like traveling and snuggling on Saturday mornings and date nights and latenight conversations. Even though I am certain that this new season will bring more blessing than I can imagine, it is still hard for me to think about letting go of our old life, a really good life.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

With just a little effort, I think you'll find that your "old life" will still be a part of your "new life." It just takes some time and work to get to that point. The beauty is that the good life just keeps getting better, if you can even imagine that to be possible:)

You get to share all your blessings with another itsy bitsy who will gain so much from your love for eachother and for your life! Can't wait to meet the product of you two sassy folk.

Gwen

kirstin said...

thanks so much for the encouragement dolly! it is so fantastic to hear reassurance from those who have gone before us about the blessings that are to come... :)