5.05.2008

from "mrs. g" to "mama"

our field trip to the zoo last week

I always sort of thought that the day I found out I was pregnant would be my "nine months notice" from the career world. But with our year-of-mixed-up-news ("YEAH- I'm pregnant," plus "HOORAY, you got into dental school"), I thought that my stay-at-home-mom plans might be on hold for awhile.


Despite some truly champion finagling, planning and figuring out a "best case scenario" plus some "second best case scenarios" (back to the control freak thing), all of the Plan B's for me to work part-time, or at least all of the Plan B's that didn't involve some major compromises that Adam and I aren't prepared to make, just would not work out. And so, as it stands right now, me and the Itsy will be at home full time next year. Getting to stay at home both delights my heart and terrifies me... but ready or not, I am trading in the somewhat-under-control domain of room 45 at Crawford Elementary for the uncharted territory of being a stay at home mama. My last day of work was Friday (praise the Lord for some time to whittle down the massive to-do list)... wish us luck! :)

3 comments:

jordan said...

lots of luck kirsty- youre gonna be great at it!

love you!

Anonymous said...

Are you pregnant? Where's your glorious middle? I can't see it at all... and... I thought you hated the Denver Zoo. :-) Love you!

kirstin said...

oh the denver zoo- hahaha! it's grown on me since I get to frequent that place with my students and with little joanie peace. :)
and the belly is DEFINITELY large and in charge (the picture is deceiving)- I'll post some pics for you sometime this week. :)