6.29.2009

backyard parties

There is something glorious about Colorado in June... bright blue skies, warm days, cool nights, very few bugs, the beautiful mountains... just perfect, I tell you! And now that our once-weed-jungle backyard has been reclaimed and tamed and turned into the perfect spot to enjoy this summer-y, Colorado-y glory, we find ourselves jumping at the chance to host parties at our house.

Though I hate it that our sweet friends, the Breshears, are leaving Denver, Saturday night's "Lemons to Lemonade" farewell party was quite the celebration of this family and our friendships with them...

kimiko, mary (one of our guests of honor) and I enjoying that bright colorado sunshine- haha!

lily kate (another guest of honor), will and kalena enjoying the party

the row of prego's- aren't they darling?

burke toddling around the backyard

And y'all know how I love a party with a theme. I have found a kindred spirit in my friend and fellow party planner Kimiko (who was also the co-hostess of the fabulous annie-burke-turn-1 bash). I had so much fun planning the menu (including a lemonade bar a la kiji's wedding), the decor, the kid's table (ok, yep, kiji's wedding was the inspiration for this as well) with her!

the lemonade bar

the kid's table- our next party will definitely have one of these again!

Hopefully this is just the beginning of parties in our backyard this summer (though, I think I'd prefer the next one not be a farewell party... I hate saying good-bye!).

2 comments:

Brittany said...

GREAT party theme/decor! I love it! jord and I want to throw a lemon themed party for a friend... so fun!

pjmj said...

it sounds like it was a fabulous party - love the theme & a table for the little ones is perfect (wish i had thought of that when my kids were little)