6.12.2009

i love these guys!



Despite a normal amount of "too-many-people-in-one-small-space" tension and Burke's serious slumber strike (wait- did I tell y'all about this? my dear sweet one allowed periods of sleep ranging from 3.5 to 5.5 hours of sleep every night [yes, EVERY NIGHT] that we were in Idaho... little punk... Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child has moved to the top of my summer reading list), we had a blast in Idaho! It was terrific to see and be a part of Aji, Trish, Kiji and Patrick's every day lives... we got to see their apartments, meet their friends, go to their church, watch their soccer and softball games, make meals together, scope out the local real estate, visit the oh-so-famous Kroc Center, wander around Coeur D'Alene (always a treat) and just generally be a part of their lives.

I am so thankful for my siblings and their spouses, and so proud of them. I love it that Aj has discovered how much he loves building things, that Kiji is so diligent about her job (and that they LOVE her so much!), that Trish is taking on this 'adventure' of living 3,000 miles away from her family with such devotion to my brother, and that Patrick's ministry to junior high aged guys is having such an impact on them. I have watched all of their plans change many (many!) times and I know that sometime in the not-too-distant fuutre they'll be scattered around the country (or the world?)... but my thought at the end of this trip was that right now, they're exactly where they should be. What a great place to be, eh?

Oh yeah, and after a week with three babies, I don't think they'll be having kids anytime soon- haha!

4 comments:

pjmj said...

i'm so glad you got to go. it sounds like you had a blast. hanging out with your siblings as adults is really pretty cool, isn't it?

Brittany said...

so fun! makes me want to hang out with my sisters! glad ya'll had such a great time!

Tricia said...

aw thanks kirst. we had so much fun with you too. thanks again for making such a big trek up here.... it means a lot that you guys were so willing to do that.

PS. i'm pretty positive that with this new job i'll be seeing you all in denver in august:) can't wait!

mom/carla said...

i'm very thanksful that you all want to visit each other.

the pictures are great!