8.20.2009

back to school and a new season

tomato plants gone wild

I love back to school y'all... I love school supplies and school clothes shopping (can't wait till Burke's old enough!) and settling back into a routine. When I was a teacher, back to school meant a chance to do things differently and better than the year before, a fresh start. And now back to school brings the added bonus of the beginning of garden goodness- a kitchen full of tomato stewing and pesto making and jalapeno canning. New orange planner in hand (from the school supply section at target- haha!) I am ready for this new season!

5 comments:

pjmj said...

i love the first day of school too - as a teacher, mom & student. it's great!

Mandy said...

super excited about the felt clips! the green is perfect...do you think it would look good with pink felt? they've got striped dresses that have green and pink in them....and maybe we'll have to hang out for the exchange...that could be fun :)

jordan said...

...I love your garden. at this point in the season I always think "why didn't we do a garden again?"

oh well, looks great and can't wait to taste some of the spoils!

mom/carla said...

I've been collecting zucchini and tomato recipes for the garden goodness!

I, too, love the "beginning of school". So much so that I bought a bunch of school supplies, "just because"! You never know when and where you might need them :)

Brittany said...

i love it! what a great way to think about this time of year...! I have been super crazy/stressed from work getting ready for school that I haven't thought of it this way yet- I am going to start! :0) Thanks for this post and your heart.