6.28.2010

a list for june

A list for June:
burke climbing on our now-blue entertainment center... I'll have to get some pics of it all finished and put back together- it looks great!
  burke's almost-ready new headboard (I still have to add buttons)
1. My husband is a saint.  Y'all would be absolutely floored by the amount of physical labor Adam has done this month- first building the garage, now painting our house, painting furniture for me, building furniture for me... Let's just say he's been sleeping very soundly each night and deserves about 10 massages to undo the soreness that accompanies this amount of work.
2. We love strawberries!  One of the highlights of Burke's evenings right now is a trip to the garden to pick strawberries.  We have a bumper crop this year (thanks to the cover Adam and my dad crafted to keep the squirrels and birds away) and have been loving the fresh-picked goodness... And, since our rhubarb is still producing as well, there has been some seriously delicious strawberry rhubarb pie in our life lately.
Papa reading to Burke in the back of the truck at ECM... this is a good representation of how helpful we were that day
3. Extreme Community Makeover Round 2 is done.  Burke and I were the least helpful helpers in the history of ECM, but my mama did a fantastic job coordinating (again) and the other volunteers from our church got a ton done!
4. I love summer! Even 33 weeks pregnant, I still just love this season, y'all.  Popsicles and sprinklers and backyard goodness and grilling out and late sunsets... glory.
5. It's craft central around here.  Between projects for Babycakes #2, projects for the house and other projects, it's a mess of paper and fabric around here.  I feel a little silly for exactly how excited I am about this, but luvinthemommyhood asked us to be a part of their babyhood bonanza.  They're featuring the crib bumper I made for Kiji's nursery today.... like I said, the level of excitement is probably uncalled for.

4 comments:

Evette said...

Love all the great pics and know that all of you have had a very busy and productive month. Great job on the baby stuff for Kedron.

mom/carla said...

My goodness.....you make me tired reading all of this! I love that you have tons of strawberries AND rhubarb...that your projects are getting done...ANd, yes...summer is great!!!

Megan said...

Kirst, you are so darn creative. What a fun list of stuff for June! And tons of kudos to Adam for all his hard work!

Leslie said...

I love all your craft projects- I don't know how you are finding the energy! Lots of love and prayers. Leslie