11.24.2008

i heart black friday

photo from Real Simple

Many of my friends hate the commercialization of Christmas (I'm right there with them!) and in protest have chosen to boycott Black Friday shopping. While I totally agree with the premise that Christmas has become way too much "Santa" and crazy gift giving and far too little worship and meaningful celebration of the birth of our Savior, I confess that I LOVE Black Friday!
In fact, Adam and I usually scour the ads on Thanskgiving day, get up superearly on Friday morning and scoop up the deals we've found to sell on ebay. We use the profits of this little adventure in deal shopping to pay for Christmas presents- a fun contribution to the family budget! :)

Here are a few resources for those of you who will be joining in the Black Friday festivities (or the internet shopping on cybermonday):

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! What will you buy then sell this year?