2.17.2010

family time part 3

burke LOVES aji and trish!
pausing to take a picture in front of burke's absolute favorite- the walruses at the museum of nature and science... he talked all morning about showing aji, trish, and papa the walrus (lita's already seen it- probably more times than she cares to remember)
having dinner with trish's good friends liz and brooke (both came to denver to see trish, cute, huh?)
how aji and trish spent most of their time in denver (too bad I didn't get a picture of burke and trish reading together as well!)
more museum of nature and science
I had to include this one, just because I wonder how a picture could turn out so awkwardly... what's on burke's eye? and what is aji doing? I should note that trish knew that it'd be bad as we were taking it. unfortunate all around.

We've been so lucky this last couple months to see all of my siblings and their families. I've especially loved the fact that we've had the chance to see them all separately and spend some actual time with them (though, it always goes too fast still!).

To wrap up the Family Time Tour, Aji and Trish came to Denver for four days last week! We loved spending time with them, going downtown, checking out the museum of nature and science, watching the olympics, and just generally having a chance to hang out with them. Burke ADORES these two, and they added all sorts of fuel to that fire by spoiling him rotten and reading to him for hours while they were here (a little tip- if you want burke to love you, read to him. It never fails!).

There's going to be a day in a couple weeks where Burke wakes up and wonders why we aren't hanging out with either Jordi, Drew and the girls, Aji and Trish, or Kiji and Pat. Right now, he still talks about them all the time like they're just across town, so it hasn't sunk in that they don't, in fact, live here. Hopefully I don't have that realization for a couple of weeks either, because it'll be a sad, sad day when I look at the calendar and realize that the next time I'm going to see these lovelies is months away... For now, I'm just celebrating their visits and how fantastic they are. We sure do love those guys.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

thanks for the pics kirst!! We had such a great time! we miss you guys so much already.

ps. i might steal your pics for my blog cause you saw how good i was at taking pics (obviously not doing real well with my resolution).

adamludwig said...

Every once in awhile, it IS fun to have everyone come on their own so we can really have time to visit!!!

I had such GREAT weekends with Keje and Patrick and AJ and Trish. Thanks for being the person who captures our time together with your camera!!!

mom/carla said...

wow...that's nteresting...apparently AJ used my computer while he was here to look at your blog and he was still signed in on my computer. I didn't even notice.

So, before you have a heart attack that AJ commented on your blog, I just want you to know that it was MOM who made the prior comment :)