2.19.2010

no. more. february. please.

Usually February is a long month for me. The combination of gray and snow and the fact that it just isn't March yet (nor is March coming quickly enough) does me in. This February has been especially rough. For whatever reason, I had a particularly short tolerance for snow and cold this year. Pair that with an early cold spell (October), way more snow than usual, and a notable lack of our fabulous 60 degree weeks that we can usually expect (in Denver) to punctuate the frigid weather, and you have one very cold, miserable girl.

However, four weeks from today, we are headed on a family vacation to the beach. You have no idea how much I am looking forward to this. Burke and I looked at pictures of our resort/town online all morning (now he knows the word, "beach"). Then we went to Target and found him some little beach buckets and a surf shirt to protect his fair little skin from the hot hot sun. That's what I'm holding onto y'all, the hot hot sunshine. 28 days. I can make it, right?

***For those of you who live in rougher climates than Denver's mildness, I'm sorry for complaining. I have a new friend that just moved here from Philly and said yesterday, "You guys are SO spoiled!" And she's right, we are. But that's the thing, I think that whatever you're used to becomes your standard, and so my standard for snowy, cold winters is set alarmingly low.

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

OH...I am SO with you right now. A nice warm sunny place would make me so happy....but alas, I think I'll head to an ice fishing tournament instead.

Ruined for Life said...

We hear you - this just dosen't seem like Denver weather. We have had snow in some parts of the yard and on the roof since before Thanksgiving. This is not Minnesota!

BUT - holding on for a beach vacation - that might work :)

jordan said...

...did you teach kead to play beach? we have NO IDEA where she learned it.She grabs a towel and lays out?! Drew suspects you, and from this post- I agree with him. I am so excited for y'all!