4.10.2008

baby welcoming music

One of our childbirth class homework tasks is to compile a couple of lists (and then playlists) of songs that are 1) energizing or 2) soothing to play in the delivery room. Y'all would crack up at some of the songs that make me want to turn the radio up and stay in the car, even if we're already at our destination (Hips Don't Lie anyone?). But actually, this list-making activity has sort of just lingered at the bottom of our to-do lists (I think I have about 10 songs on each list so far... perhaps we could just put those on repeat?). Suggestions anyone?

4 comments:

mom said...

Has any of Adam's rap music songs made the list?

Anonymous said...

Hey Kirstin - I liked Nora Jones and Jack Johnson if you have some of their stuff :)
-Christina

jordan said...

well you know me...all jack johnson for the soothing, all shakira for the lively. :) Maybe a little bit of "royal spa" music would be fun too. a little Debbie Gibson, and a little Whitney Houston would be nice. :)

p.s. if you need some jack- I have it all. :)

kirstin said...

thanks for the suggestions guys! mama, adam's music plays non-stop in the basement right now, so I'm kind of burnt out actually. :)
love the jack/norah/royal spa ideas! :) jord, maybe we could put together the playlist when you're here?
kirst