4.25.2008

tiny blooms


I came back to my classroom today to find teeny tiny flowers scattered across my desk with a drawing of a little girl crying and a note that says, "My hart has been torchured and broken to say good-bye." It's not a new thing to stumble upon little piles of tiny blooms- it happens every spring. But today it struck me as a symbol of all of the things I am going to miss about teaching next year. I think that sometimes I take the notes, flowers, crystal figurines, homemade conglomorations of glitter, construction paper and glue and little echoes of "I love you, Mrs. G." for granted.
Perhaps it is because I have been looking forward to being a stay-at-home mama for so long, but I didn't realize the sadness that would come with leaving my little school in the ghetto. I will miss these kids. And I will miss this job. And next spring, I'll miss finding piles of wilted spring flowers with precious notes on my desk.

3 comments:

jordan said...

kirst- I just love your kiddos. a tortured heart...

I will be praying that God brings you some fun, spunky first to third grade kids that need love when you are a stay at home mama!

kirstin said...

thanks for your prayers darlin! I have been looking into different volunteer programs in this neighborhood that I can do next year with the beebs, which will be a new and fun adventure (especially because outside of a classroom, I can really tell them about Jesus). I think there are also a bunch of kids in our neighborhood that might be the ones for me....
it's just weird to leave, you know? harder than I thought...

Kevin and Misty said...

I can TOTALLY relate! While I really enjoy staying home, and wouldn't trade it for the world....I still miss my classroom like crazy. There is just something special about 20 six year olds that makes my heart happy.