4.08.2008

oddly enough

In the world of "pie people" and "cake people," I fall into the pie category... In fact, I can eat an entire strawberry rhubarb pie by myself over a span of a couple of days. And I LOVE having pie for breakfast (mom, I know, it pains you to read this). However, I am not so much a cake person. At least, not in my "normal" life.

The last few months, though, all sorts of foods that I'd normally pass on sound really good to me. Like cupcakes. And donuts with 2% milk. And even occasionally cheese fries (I'm not a huge fan of fries OR fake cheese so the combo is especially surprising). I wish I could say that I've started craving some exotic fruits and veggies, but my newly revised tastebuds seem only interested in sugar-y, highly processed foods. So much for my body "knowing what the developing beebs needs" huh?

3 comments:

jordan said...

on my weird list for this pregnancy are ginger & ice cream (you know how I am not usually a fan of either one of those AT ALL!)

donuts and cake still haven't made the list though... ;)

kirstin said...

I can't get over the ginger thing- GROSS Jord. :)

mom said...

Finally, one of our kids likes ginger! It's really the only thing that has been mentioned here that has SOME nutritional substance!