4.28.2008

thankful again

I have been thanking the Lord for His goodness to us lately. We've been overwhelmed by the way that God has used His people to provide for us and bless us.




Specifically, I am SO thankful for all of the people that have given up their Saturdays and rearranged their evenings and weekends to help us work on the basement. Many of you have called Adam and said, "We're coming over... what time works for you?" I'm sure it delights the Lord to see his people serving each other. And it delights our hearts to have such caring, thoughtful, selfless friends. (The best part of these pictures is how much more has been finished since I took them... the rooms are now taped, textured, painted, and after a little cleaning, ready for carpet!!! WOOHOO!)


Megan, Heidi and I are all due within 2 weeks of each other.




Girl brunch at Heidi K's

Supercute cupcakes at my school shower


I also have been overwhelmed at people's generosity in giving us stuff for the Itsy Bitsy. There have been a couple more showers in the last week or so and Adam and I just look with disbelief at the pile of teeny clothes, bouncy seats, tummy time contraptions, nursery decor, travel beds, diapers and other tools that will surely make our lives easier in the next year or so. More than that, it has been so fantastic to spend some extra time with the girls that I love lately and such a blessing to see the care and planning that friends have put into these showers and their gifts. Y'all know that one of my love languages is giving and I feel extravagantly cared for.

1 comment:

jordan said...

I am also so glad to know that you have people close that bless you guys so much- it makes it a bit easier to live far away!