10.19.2008

bad, bad news


Remember a few months ago when I asked y'all to be praying for Adam's dad's health? After a brutal summer of radiation and chemo, we got some really bad news last week that his cancer has spread. Even worse, it's too widespread and too far along to cure. Mark will still get chemo (a different kind than this summer), but the purpose of it will be to buy time (the doctor said 18 months-ish).
Needless to say, we're devastated by this news. I will try to give periodic updates on here, and Evette (adam's mom) will be keeping a more complete journal at caring bridge (also in my sidebar under "Mark Gentry updates"). I don't know if there's anything else to say, really. We love y'all and cherish your prayers.

13 comments:

Megan said...

Oh, I'm so, so sorry to hear your news! We'll definitely be praying for you guys and Adam's dad especially!

Brittany and Chase said...

We will be praying as well. So sorry to hear! Keep us updated!

I am also praying for you Kirst as you feel like you keep getting tumbled around. I hope you are finding rest in Jesus. Thanks for your blogs- they are good for my soul.

anna allen said...

Hey Kirsten and adam!!
You son Burke is darling! He really is replica of Adam. I read your blog and also just read about Adam's dad so I am very sorry to hear that and will pray for him and your family.
I am so glad that you have this blog so that I can see how Burke grows and how yall are! We miss Colorado badly, but are doing well here.
Much love!
Anna and Todd

Anonymous said...

Oh Kirst! I will be praying. Thank you for sharing and please keep us updated. So much love to you and your family.

maggie

Gwen said...

Praying hard Kirst & Adam. Anything you or your family needs, just call.

Gwen

Anonymous said...

Kirst. I am so sorry to hear this news. After such a tough summer for you all. Prayers. Jen

Mandy said...

I am praying.

Jenn said...

Kirstin, I'm so sorry! We'll be praying for your father-in-law and your family.

Shiloh K. said...

What can I do but echo the sentiments of everyone who's already left their comments? My heart is so broken for all of you. You know my prayers are with you. If I can lend any kind of support or assistance, you know I'm here for you guys.

All my love....

Jill and Rich said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Adam and Kirstin, I'm so so sorry to hear this news. We'll continue to pray for healing and comfort for your entire family.
(also, sorry about the last comment, I was logged in under my email and I didn't think you'd recognize it)

Jill and Rich

kirstin said...

thank you so much for your prayers and encouragement all! I've been reading your messages to adam... we are so blessed to have such incredible friends and people praying on our behalf. we love you!
a&k

Kara said...

Oh, Kirstin, I am so sorry! Adam's Dad and your entire family will absolutely be in our prayers.