10.11.2008

tumbled


Today I was thinking about how right now I sort of feel like a rock in a fast flowing river- being crashed and tumbled and chipped- and about how I wish I could just find a quiet pool to sit in for awhile.
As y'all know, I am definitely a people pleaser. And those of us who like to please people have a hard time when that's not happening. There's a lot of that in our life right now... some feeling too busy to maintain relationships that we know we should be investing in, some feeling misunderstood, some clashing of priorities, some weariness from being on the defensive (some stress of too much talking politics with the upcoming election!). It's not neccesarily bad... I don't think that relationships are being damaged or anything like that... just tumble-y.

I was rocking Burke earlier- he was cuddled into my shoulder, I was swaying, he was cooing and singing. And all I could think was that I wish it were me being rocked and soothed.
My prayer is that in all of this tossing around, I would be content to let life flow over me... that I would take the chipping away as part of the Lord's sanctification, that my little heart wouldn't get too bruised by things that don't matter, that I'd be able to simultaneously be a peacemaker and a speaker of truth, that I'd be wise in my time management and gentle in my interactions. Maybe you could pray those things for me too...

1 comment:

JW said...

Will do so, Kirstin!