2.17.2009

25 random facts

a random pic to accompany the random facts

I was tagged in facebook to make a list of 25 random facts... I thought I'd put them on here as well.

1. I believe that pomegranates are totally worth the work.

2. I started skiing when I was 3 and still love it. There is nothing like the feeling of skiing fast on a clear day. Oh yeah, and I hate skiing in freezing or really windy conditions. On those days, I opt for the lodge with a cup of cocoa instead.

3. I love the smell of bleach... and windex... and pine sol (they remind me of my house growing up).

4. In all of our remodeling adventures, I almost always do the tiling. My perfectionistic tendencies make tiling the perfect job for me (though, it probably takes me twice as long to finish a project as someone without the crazy compulsive need for even, aligned grout lines).

5. I have a running list of craft projects that I'd like to make 'when I have some extra time.' Most of them are for my nieces or for my house.

6. When I was little, I thought that heaven might be a little like snuggling into clean sheets in clean jammies after a bath. When those three things align in my life now (clean sheets, clean jammies, clean self), I still call it a 'heaven night.'

7. I like to organize small spaces... closets, cabinets, drawers. Everything being neat and tidy makes my life feel more neat and tidy.

8. If I had an endless supply of resources, I would travel. And travel. And travel. Oh, and buy lots of craft tools (a fancy sewing machine that embroiders, a screenprinter, a C&P letterpress [because since I have an endless supply of resources, I probably have room to store a huge printing press, right?], perhaps even a loom?). And also adopt a bunch of kids (maybe I could find them in my traveling and traveling and traveling).

9. I haven't paid for toiletries, frosting or barbeque sauce in over a year... the joys of coupon shopping.

10. I call Adam the "joy stealer" because on a weekly basis, he dashes some crazy plan of mine to build my own letterpress or adopt a group of eight siblings from Ethiopia (to be fair, most of my plans require a little reigning in) .

11. I love most things domestic: cleaning, cooking, hostessing, baking.

12. My husband makes me breakfast in bed sometimes. And when I go out of town, without fail, I come home to a clean house and a clean car. Love that!

13. I'd love to live overseas, but I'm not sure I ever will.

14. When I work out, I intend to use that time to pray. However, I spend alot of the time calculating the percentage of how much time or distance I have left compared to how much I've already finished. Especially if I'm on a treadmill.

15. I write Adam's papers.

16. My ideal temperature is around 85 degrees. I love the beach, the pool, hot showers, hot tubs... anything warm.

17. Speaking of the beach, I think I could live in Hawaii (or any other place near the ocean that has consistently moderate-to-hot weather). People always tell me that I'd miss four seasons and snow and winter, but I strongly disagree.

18. Iced tea with limeade is a comfort food to me. Also, my mom's chocolate chip cookies (half the sugar, double the gloriousness).

19. I loved my job teaching third grade in a low-income area, absolutely loved it. And I love being at home with Burke. My 'professional' life right now (mostly at home, but occasionally subbing at my old school) is as close to perfect as it gets.

20. I have a passion for diet coke with extra vanilla from sonic. I could drink it every day. Twice.

21. Besides Adam, my siblings are my best friends in the world. They live life with such sincerity, humor and passion. I consider myself blessed beyond measure to know them well.

22. My current top five travel destinations are: eastern europe, thailand/india, new zealand, isreal and ecuador.

23. I sing and dance all day long. In fact, I change the words to actual songs in order to match whatever I'm doing at the moment. Oh, and I can't hold a tune for the life of me... poor Burke. Our life is kind of like a musical, but not one you'd want to watch except for the comic value.

24. I like the idea of both coffee and beer, but don't like the taste of either one.

25. I get full really quickly, which means I usually eat fairly small portions. Unless I'm eating sushi, which I can put away like you wouldn't believe. At our favorite Japanese food restaurant, I usually opt for 'all you can eat' because our bill will reflect my massive sushi appetite either way.

3 comments:

pjmj said...

Are you and Adam in Pagosa Springs? Love that place!

jordan said...

I love reading these random things about you. had no idea you wanted to go to isreal. :)

Anonymous said...

I think pomegranates are totally worth it too! Do you know the peeling under water trick? It makes it so much easier and neater! Cut out the top nodule thingy on the top, score it in quarters with a sharp knife. Then, in a bowl of water, hold the pom under the water and break it open. The seeds will sink to the bottom. Drain and enjoy! It only takes about 5-10 min, and you can just eat the seeds with a spoon...YUM!