2.26.2009

they grow up!?!


Monday, as I was subbing for a class of fifth graders (many of whom I had as second graders not that long ago), it hit me... kids grow up.

Sometime not that too far into the future, Burke will be in a classroom, with a teacher. I can't even fathom that right now. It makes me wonder... what kind of kid will Burke become? Will he be the student with a thousand questions? The quiet one that really takes some investing just to get to know? The one with a gigantic vocabulary and an imagination to match?

It also makes me so thankful for right now... days full of baby babble floating up from my back seat and laughs and snuggles because he's not too big or too cool yet. I am excited to see what kind of student Burke becomes... but for now, I'm glad that we're not there yet.

No comments: