6.24.2008

intercessors

the teensiest intercessor

I've never been much of a middle-of-the-night prayer warrior (I always fall asleep). But it is a TASK to keep the Itsy awake at night, and for some reason, me talking to him helps. To fill this 40-minutes-of-continuous-talking requirement, I've told Burke about the people and places I love, stories from college (including some you probably shouldn't tell a baby), stories from Europe, stories about remodeling our house, stories from my pregnancy. And I'll be honest- I ran out of material. Which left me with 40 minutes every night to fill with my voice. So a couple weeks ago, I began using that late night time to pray.

However, I realized a few nights in that I mostly pray for the same things over and over again... I've never prayed so much for my family, or for the missionaries we know... and now I have the little one to pray for. And still, I have plenty of time leftover...

All of this to say, I would love to use that time to be praying for your specific prayer requests! If you'll just send me a quick email (or even leave your prayer requests here on the blog if you want!), Burke and I will intercede on your behalf in the early morning hours. We can't wait to hear from you! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome, Kirst! I love it!!! Of course, you know I love anything having to do with prayer :)

Let's see, you and Burke can pray that God will give him a little Kelley playmate! ;)

I miss you!
Shiloh

Anonymous said...

Kirst, thank you for praying. Please pray for an active joy and trust to take deeper root in our hearts as we attempt to plan and prepare for an uncertain future. That fear would be overcome by Faith because our housing, insurance, finances and provisions all come from His hand.
Pray for Matthew's summer off - that he may reflect and be still before Him and be renewed, and that He would fall more in Love with God.
Pray for my dear friend Veronica who has AIDS and has recently been brought back to life after a year of being near death. Pray that she receives vision from the Lord about what life can be now.
Lastly, can you pray for me in this job - that if I am to stay here after the Baby, that God would work that out. May His will be done.
Thank you dear friend. Bless you and little Burke for your love and prayers.

Maggie