6.02.2008

sun tea & limeade


During the summer months, if you opened the fridge or freezer at 1805 Western Ave. (the house I grew up in in Farmington), you could be certain that you would find certain items. Chicken salad (light on the dressing, heavy on red grapes and walnuts), frozen blueberries, grapes and bananas, juicicles, grillables like brats or burgers, watermelon, sun tea and limeade. Lots of sun tea and limeade.
In my house now, if you open our fridge in June, July or August, you can often find many of the same items. But you will certainly find iced tea and limeade. I love mixing the two together... it is the perfect summertime drink! And apparently, I am not the only Ludwig who continues to love this slight twist on the Arnold Palmer. In these last few weeks, mom, Jordi and I have drained more than 20 gallons of tea and limeade. LOVE THAT STUFF! :)

1 comment:

jordan said...

yumm yumm yumm...I do love that drink.

p.s. you forgot 3 different kinds of milk as a ludwig-fridge staple :)