6.10.2008

woohoo!

I was sitting in the waiting room at the obstetrician's office a few months ago when I saw IT in a magazine- the diaper bag I have been searching for. I took down the details so I could order it online at home... "Ramalama Ava" in chocolate brown. I got home, typed the much-sought-after bag into google, and got some very disappointing news. Did you know that diaper bags can cost $390.00? Apparently, I am a champ at finding the most expensive leather totes out there. Even worse, now I had The Perfect One in my head and everything else paled in comparison.

Enter my wonderful brother-in-law, Drew... While he was at a leather tannery in Fez during his trip to Morocco last week, he found, bought, and hauled home the most perfect diaper bag EVER. Even better than Ramalama Ava. And definitely not $390.00! WOOHOO!
I tried to get Burke excited about it this morning, but he was much more interested in trying to find his fist to suck on... we'll work on "appreciation of beautiful things" later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!!! Hmmm maybe having a baby doesn't seem so distant afterall..I mean look at that amazing bag! :) Clearly worth it I think hehe

jordan said...

:) kirst I cannot WAIT to line these and start using them. I will also be writing a post about my leather bag soon. I just keep imagining Drew walking around train stations and little crowded streets with his tiny-super efficient adventure racing pack and two HUGE leather bags. he sure does love us.

Shiloh K. said...

Kirst - What a seriously fabulous bag! Drew has taste! :) Robb and I have been hanging on by our fingernails over the last few weeks, and having worked a full 8hr Saturday, I'm home alone for the afternoon. What better entertainment could I possibly find than your oh-so-fun blog? I love every single post! And, did I mention? I love you! Your little guy is adorable. Can't wait to meet him in person! :)

kirstin said...

shiloh- so fun to see you on here! you're such a doll... we can't wait to see y'all soon too (we'll be staying in the springs with adam's dad for a week in july... maybe we can grab coffee???) love you!
kirst