6.30.2008

jazz in the park

heather & russ, josh & jen, megan, eric & jack, me & burke

burke and his buddy jack, who is checking out his own nose! :)
Adam and I often wondered if we'd be able to do "normal stuff" once the Itsy Bitsy arrived. And while it is way trickier to get ourselves out of the house (I think we have 5 pounds of gear for every pound of Burke), we've found that normal life pretty much goes on with baby in tote. I mean, there are definitely pictures where Burke and I are both covered by a Hooter Hider, and it helps to have friends that are in the same stage of life (or at least ok with hanging out with babies and Hooter Hiders), and I am certain there will be days where a fussy baby sends us right back home, but so far our Pre-Burke and Post-Burke social life looks pretty much the same.
Last night, we joined friends for Jazz in the Park- complete with chocolate chip cookies, hummus and Sonic. The weather was perfect (Burke LOVES being outside) as was the company... lovely! :)

2 comments:

kjds said...

how fun! you don't even look like you just had a baby!!!

kirstin said...

thanks darlin!
I haven't told you yet- congrats on your teaching job!!! I LOVE third graders!!! :)