4.14.2009

mini-date night goodness


Adam has had 4 exams in the last week and a half (with another on Wednesday and one of Friday). Needless to say, we haven't seen each other much lately.

However, last night, he took a little break from Physiology and Immunology and Microbiology and Pathology (too many "ology"-s) for a mini-date night. We decided to stay in (a function of time, or a lack thereof) and put together a dinner of gloriousness: homemade falafel pitas with yogurt sauce, wingstop fries with my brother aji's special sauce (ranch + frank's red hot sauce), and the most delicious cosmo's EVER (using our friend kimiko's recipe). I debated publishing said cosmo recipe because I think we might enter it into this summer's Ludwig Family Drink Competition... but it's too good not to share.

Kimiko's Cosmos
1 shot vodka (maybe even a shot and a half)
1 shot 100% cranberry juice
1 shot simple syrup
Juice of 1/2 a lime
Splash grand marnier
Shake and serve.

I have to say, I like the whole 'gather-things-we-love-to-create-a-dinner-of-deliciousness-mini-date-night' idea. You should try it. You'll like it too.

2 comments:

pjmj said...

Love it, and I can't wait to try the Cosmo recipe. Thanks for sharing! It looks like Burke loves being the 3rd wheel on your dates. :) Tell Adam good-luck on his last 2 exams.

Kimiko said...

I thought you would enjoy that I just had to look up my own cosmo recipe on your blog. :) Score another one for being spacey!!