1.22.2010

aunt didi & uncle pat

I'm in that "missing my family funk" that comes when you put your little sister and her hubs back on planes to idaho and realize that, even though you wish with all your heart that them being here was everyday life, it just isn't. I hate that realization each time it comes upon me.
But I love, and I mean love, the time that we got to spend with Kiji and Pat this last week! Between the museum of nature and science (twice), some retail therapy at anthropologie and forever 21 (that's a funny statement now that I reread it), more presents for burke than he knows what to do with, meeting friends at our church, book reading and restaurant going and white coat ceremony attending and bass pro shop exploring and tattered cover relaxing, and laughing until we cried (literally), well, it was a good, full trip. In fact, you know a visit was really terrific when you hate the idea of your sweet family leaving as much as I hate that thought today.


Burke love. love. LOVES Kiji and Pat. In fact, his first words the last few mornings when I walk into his room in the morning are, "Kiji? Pat?" Today, he keeps showing me the books Kiji gave him, putting his head down in defeat and saying, "Bye bye Didi, bye bye."

Thanks for coming guys! We miss you already!

2 comments:

jordan said...

her hair is so long and beautiful! looks like a great time, we can't wait to see you next week!

pjmj said...

i talked to your mom the day after kedron left & she said she was in a funk (must be a ludwig word) - glad you got to spend time with them, and i hate that feeling too