1.25.2010

two side notes

Ok, I know I already showed you pictures of Kiji and Pat's trip to Denver last week. But there are two, sort of important things that I didn't mention.
1. This picture really should have it's own post. It shows BurkeyBaby absolutely crushing Keje at the mindball game at the museum of nature and science. You try to use your brainwaves to push the ball in the other person's direction. Let's just say that the ball never ventured onto Burke's side of the table. And I love how hard Kiji is concentrating, too. It didn't work out so well for her.
2. On this trip, I learned about Kiji's infatuation with Kenny G. I believe she used the term, "sex god," to describe him at one point. In front of my mom no less. Oh, and she thinks people generally confuse Kenny G and Fabio. Anyone out there able to confirm or deny this claim? I'm pretty sure Troy Polamalu got pulled into this unfortunate comparison at one point too (because of the long hair), so I'm including a picture of him as well, you know, just to be fair.

After these little gems, don't you wish you spent the week with us? Seriously good times, people.

***EDITED TO ADD: If you aren't keeping up with the comments to this one, you should take a minute to read them. For those of you who don't have that minute, I'm going to publish Kiji's defense to this post below. I should warn you, it's funnier than the post itself.

KIJI'S DEFENSE:
OK PEOPLE FIRST OFF LET ME SAY: I am NOT "infatuated" with Kenny G...I think he looks like the sex god for band campers (which I am not) nor have I EVER thought of Kenny as anything more than just the annoying music I have to listen to every Christmas- My point was more to say that men with long hair (enter Fabio) have this "sex god-ish"persona about them but If I remember correctly I did EXCLUDE Pallamolu due to his good character and not sneaky eyes....And onto the brain game- it wasn't a "mind game" guys- it was a test to see who could RELAX their mind and the ball was attracted to the person whose brain waves were going faster- so REALLY good thing I beat a 2 year old..it's all mush up there while I have just SO MUCH information in my noggin I can't turn off my brain to relax mode.

The End :)

7 comments:

Leslie said...

I wish I was there to hear that conversation! And I bet Uncle Aaron would love to challenge Burke to the mind game someday. Love it!

jordan said...

....cant.....stop.....laughing. that pic of keje trying to beat burke at the mind game is awesome!

Tricia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tricia said...

is she serious? sex god... really keje? i mean unless you're really into circular breathing. and what does that say about patrick? (jk patsy klein, im sure it's no reflection on you)... but really??? No, Bradley Cooper? No David Beckham? I'd even give you Brett Farve. But please, lets discuss someone who's hair is more up to date than 1988.
((confession: i did at one time find chuck norris super sexy.
defense: i did grow out of that after i turned 14.))

Anonymous said...

OK PEOPLE FIRST OFF LET ME SAY: I am NOT "enfatuated" with Kenny G...I think he looks like the sex god for band campers (which I am not) nor have I EVER thought of Kenny as anything more than just the annoying music I have to listen to every Christmas- My point was more to say that men with long hair (enter Fabio) have this "sex god-ish"persona about them but If I remember correctly I did EXCLUDE Pallamolu due to his good character and not sneaky eyes....And onto the brain game- it wasn't a "mind game" guys- it was a test to see who could RELAX their mind and the ball was attracted to the person whose brain waves were going faster- so REALLY good thing I beat a 2 year old..it's all mush up there while I have just SO MUCH information in my noggin I can't turn off my brain to relax mode.

The End :)

mom/carla said...

Ok...I need to clarify the "mind game". The objective is not to "push" the magnetic ball. You see, if there is a lot of brainwave activity, the magnetic ball will be drawn to such activity. The objective is to try to "clear the mind" so that brainwave activity is minimum (Burke). When Patrick did this game, he won twice with the strategy of thinking of a calm place...a beach with the sun shining. Needless to say, Keje had a more difficult time controlling her thoughts. Apparently her mind was racing and the brainwaves were working overtime (hence the ball was drawn to her side). Neverhteless, it was pretty funny!

Ruined for Life said...

You lot crack me up - I love it.

Patrick - thank you for once again proving beyond any doubt that when our spouse asks "what are you thinking" and we say "nothing", we are as usual right.

What I'm afraid of however is that as true as this is - equally true is that we simply have to rest in the knowledge that we are right because most women cannot say that - especially to a husband. I suspect it is something to do with multitasking but have not been able to prove it...

Cheers...