1.20.2010

white coated!





Adam's white coat ceremony was this afternoon... It was so fun to see him up on stage, looking all official and doctor-y. Mark and Evette came up for the festivities... and mom and Kiji joined us as well (so fun that keje was in town for this!). We're so proud of him!

***I get questions about this a lot, so I thought I'd answer this on here- dental school is 4 years (of which, Adam is in the middle of year 2, so still 2 and a half years left just of the school part). Then, residencies can last between 1 and 5 years. We will not be opting for a 5 year residency program (oral surgery). Adam is still up in the air about other specialties, though it seems like he's leaning towards general dentistry. Yep, that's the scoop, you know, just in case you were wondering.

8 comments:

Kedran said...

What a wonderful sight! Adam, we are so proud and send our love.
Kedran, Mark and Kids

jordan said...

I know this is cheesy- but seeing him in the white coat made me tear up a little. I am just so proud of him!

Chrissy said...

I am just so proud! You look good in white! Congratulations, almost Dr. Adam....can we call you that???
Love,
Chrissy

Megan said...

Congrats, Adam! That's awesome!

Evette said...

Adam, you have worked so hard to get here and God has been so gracious to you and Kirstin and to us to let you get into dental school in Denver. We are just so proud of you and all that you have accomplished and Kirstin,too, for how hard you both work to make it work. (And Jord, it's not cheesy - I of course teared up, also)

mom/carla said...

I'm so glad that I was able to be part of this special day. Thanks for letting me share it with you!

ALL of us are proud of you!

Brittany said...

so great! congrats!!

pjmj said...

congrats (to all of you) - the coat looks great on him