1.04.2010

so, so thankful


Today I've been thinking and thinking about how dang thankful I am for my boys.

Burke is such a little man right now- talking up a storm (his rapidly expanding vocab astounds me daily!), learning his colors (he has "yellow" down), showing off his dance moves (and they are awesome... seriously, awesome). He gets so excited about seeing his friends and his grandparents (especially his best buddy, Luca, who he calls "Duca"), tells me that he misses his cousins about 20 times a day, and has a passion for reading. Today is one of those days when I just can't believe what a little kid he's becoming and how lucky we are to have him in our family.

I've been so thankful for Adam, too, today. If you're single and you're reading this, I have some advice for you- always (ALWAYS) choose someone with a selfless heart over someone with grand romantic gestures. The behind the scenes little stuff impacts your daily life so. very. much. And when you end up with someone who is great at that not-as-grandiose stuff (like I did), you'll be continually amazed and thankful at how very grand romantic gesture-y the little stuff ends up being when it adds up.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I love the way you've described your boys, and I couldn't agree more with what you said about choosing someone with a selfless heart!! Great words!