1.27.2010

foam weapons

Burke and I found these foam gems (a sword and an axe) in Target's dollar bin (Adam, obviously, was not with us or we wouldn't have been browsing through the dollar bin... he hates it... but I love it... he might like it more after this find). As I put the foam weaponry in our cart, I told Burke, "You can use these to hit the floor or to hit furniture, but you can't use them to hit people."Fast forward to our arrival at home. Within 15 seconds of us walking in the door, Adam had discovered the foam sword and foam axe in our bounty, tossed the foam sword to Burke, grabbed the foam axe for himself, and the two of them simultaneously started making sword-and-axe fighting sound effects that I can't make (the sound effect ability must be a boys-only thing... Burke seems to have been born with an innate ability to "crash," "bang," "buzz," and "zoom") and jousting in the kitchen.

So much for the "no using these weapons to hit people" rule.

Later I was sitting on the floor of the kitchen holding the foam axe. Burke ran over to me, took the axe from me, handed it to Adam and looked at me like, "What are you thinking, mom?" Point taken, buddy.

As a side note for those of you who have little boys and a Target nearby- it was two dollars well spent.

7 comments:

Kristin said...

hahaha I love his 'boys only' thing! Little boys are so funny!

Chrissy said...

Excellent find! Good luck with the "no hitting (or shooting) people" rule. I always had that rule too - but I always lost out.
Also - it kills me how boys can make cool weapons sounds from birth! My best was always Pow! Pow! In fact - Melissa and I made up a game called PowPow when we were young and having to spend time outside at Grandpa Cerise's house. The kids always make fun of us because of it...but they play the same game now - only with cooler weapon noises!

Amanda said...

I'm so going to Target!

jordan said...

i love that. I think drew feels that around here a lot. :)

pjmj said...

i love how some of the best toys are the cheapest - & next time you might have to spend $3 so you can have one yourself :)

Ruined for Life said...

Yeah mom - what were you thinking! The pictures are priceless.

Evette said...

Ahhh,boys and their toys. I love them and all the funny things that they can do and think of (not all of them funny!).