1.05.2010

snow snow go away




i love this one of us girls in the middleeast... isn't jordi cute when she's pregnant?

So, I know that compared to any of you who live on the east coast, or in the northwest (or really anywhere besides kara in az and megan in ca) our measly little mild winters in Denver seem downright balmy. And I know that I don't have a ton of room to complain when I compare my winters (even this winter) to yours.

However, I think that stuff like weather has a lot to do with what you're used to. And here in Denver, we're used to a few dustings of snow that melt off quickly, followed by a week of 60 degree weather. Even in January.

That being said, this winter with the snow and more snow and cold and more cold has been r.o.u.g.h. on my sunshine loving heart.

So I spent the afternoon looking at pictures of tropical locales that are potential spring break destinations (as well as old beach pics!). I should say that this is not the activity for you if you won't be beachbound for spring break. It might push your already cold and gloomy heart right over the edge (maybe your heart isn't gloomy and cold. Mine is, though.). However, if there's a chance that the forecast for you this spring is "sandy warmth with a chance of poolside daiquiris" than I cannot recommend this activity any more highly. I feel warmer just glancing through these pictures. Ahhh, March, please come quickly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

all i've been doing lately is looking at vacation pictures from costa rica. And you are lucky!when i got off the plane in pa from denver it was 20 degrees colder! Ew!

pjmj said...

i'm with you kirst - i am so not enjoying this bleak & cold weather - i did NOT leave the beautiful, tropical weather of australia for this - i desperately need my sunshine (oh, and a week in cancun was really just a huge tease)