9.28.2008

fellowship and community

I have a little more time to think on my hands lately... time to think while I bake, time to think while I feed Burkeybaby, time to think while I clean and organize... Most of the things I think about just aren't that important (which deserves some consideration, actually). However, I have spent a decent amount of time these last several weeks thinking about fellowship and community.

We have been blessed with fantastic friendships here in Denver. We feel like the Lord has really given us so many people to share life with, celebrate with, mourn with, seek wisdom from... And then there are so many of you that are scattered around the globe that provide encouragement, support and friendship to us as well.

I guess I've been wondering if our relationships are the community and fellowship that God intends.. or if perhaps we are only partly there. I heard a sermon while I was in Lubbock about how community provides a place to be real, but then also propels you forward out of your sin toward greater sanctification. I wonder if we're doing that right now... I wonder what that even looks like?

No comments: