9.25.2008

little clothes?

he'd rather that I just not put any clothes on him at all- haha!

Because of the fantastic generosity of family and friends giving us clothes and letting us borrow hand-me-downs, I haven't really bought many clothes for the Wild One. But today, as I packed up all of his 0-3 month (and lots of his 3-6 month!) clothing, I had a little moment of panic. We don't really have that many 6+ month clothes for Burke... which means I am now entering the world of "personal shopper for the Little Love."

Like everything else, the clothing budget is down to the bare minimum... so, dear friends, where do I begin? Do I get a few staples and do lots of laundry? Are there great places out there to get kids' clothes on the cheap? Any ideas or words of wisdom for me???

4 comments:

debojo said...

Hey Kirst - It's Deborah...Hmmm I promise I'm not a stalker :) I saw your blog link on Ruth's facebook!!! Anyways - just thought I would say that I have gotten tons of clothes for Miles from Salvy/Goodwill especially when they are that tiny and not moving that much yet, you have a good chance of finding stuff that is in great condition (and I am pretty picky:)

ALSO - Craigslist, and I know around here there are MOMS groups that hold sales at several area churches once a season, so you could always check that out too: I got his winter coat there last year for $5. I haven't bought that many clothes new - but Children's Place, Old Navy and H&M baby (don't know if you have that out there) always have great sales/clearance racks! That's all I've got....:)

PS- LOVE your thriftiness :) You'd be surprised what you can find and it feels so rewarding knowing you got it for a great price when they are going to grow out of it so fast!

PPS - The little man is adorable! :)

Amanda said...

We've gotten tons of cute clothes for Caiden at garage sales for $0.50 - $1 each!

lfhcreative said...

I agree with everything Deborah and Amanda have said. I have gotten steals on baby clothes at garage sales and at consignment sales. Clothes from Gap and Gymboree hold up really well and are easy to find at resale shops.

2 more tips would, let people know your needs and be very grateful for anything you are given. Many mamas have stacks of baby clothes in their closets that they would love to see go to a sweet little baby for FREE.

Denver Area Consignment Sales:
http://www.milehighmamas.com/2008/07/24/fall-childrens-consignment-sale-schedule/

kirstin said...

Girls, thanks so much for the ideas! Y'all have me searching Craigslist for clothes and garage sales... Also, I think that checking out some consignment stores in the area is a great plan...
I'll post my fabulous finds! :)
love
kirst
ps- debo- so glad you found me!!! :)