9.27.2008

guilt


I think I have issues with guilt, y'all.

Part of it is good guilt, the warrented kind over time misspent or misused.

The source of the rest of my guilt is a little more difficult to pin down. This is what I've come up with... I think that I sort of feel guilty for the life that God has given me right now. I get to hang out with the Wild One, who really is possibly the easiest, most low-key baby in the world... My house gets to be clean and organized... I get to find all sorts of fabulous deals so that we can somehow stay within our can't-be-done budget... I have a husband who loves me, is a fantastic father, is smart and talented and wonderful... we have everything we need and more... we have not one but two supportive, Christ following, functional extended families... I just kind of feel like I should pinch myself. Or feel guilty for having it so good. And so far the second option is winning.

4 comments:

polarpegs said...

all of those things didn't just happen for no reason. You are very fortunate and very blessed but you have also created your own environment. Your baby is low key and easy going because of you and Adam and the environment you have created for him from long before he was even born. Your family is functional in part to what you bring to it. There is no need to feel guilt over all that you have. Enjoy it and love it and appreciate it for that you have brought to it and that has been given to you in return.

lfhcreative said...

You are definitely a glass half full (ok, overflowing) kind a girl. I know many women in circumstances very similar to your own who wouldn't consider a budget, being home, or getting to clean a blessing. I love that your perspective is to see the abundance that has been provided to you when it doesn't seem mathematically possible in our world. Return all that guilt to "the giver of all good gifts" in praise for the blessings he has given you. Love it!

JW said...

I say you have everyone's %100 permission to enjoy every minute . . . rejoicing with you about how richly He's blessed you!

kirstin said...

y'all are so cute...
and right!
I am thanking the Lord for our good good life... :)
kirst