9.24.2008

what to do with zucchini


With the help of recipezaar and our larger than life zucchini plant, the gentry kitchen has been abuzz with new recipes this week. And our freezer is stocked with more frozen zucchini bread than you can imagine.

These are some of our recommendations:
Chocolate Zucchini Bread (I cut the oil and sugar by 1/4 of a cup each)
Coconut Zucchini Bread (again, I cut the oil and sugar... I think you'd like this even if you aren't a huge fan of coconut)
Regular Zucchini Bread
Fried Zucchini (we used less oil and ritz crackers instead of saltines for the breading)
Shredded Zucchini and Chickpeas Over Polenta (I know, I already told you about this one, but if you still haven't tried it, you should!)
We've also been tossing zucchini in a bag with italian dressing to marinate a couple hours before dinner and then grilling it as a side for our meal a few times a week.

No comments: